TOUR GUIDE (PART-TIME)
Click here to apply!
Experience The Twin Cities is seeking fun, energetic, and outgoing people who love the Twin Cities and are excited to share the food, brewery, and craft cocktails scene, as well as the many amazing landmarks and natural wonders that Minneapolis-St Paul offers visitors and residents alike.
If that sounds like you…read on!
Key Responsibilities / Primary Accountabilities
- Conduct guided tours while providing guests with information, facts, and commentary about each location (scripts provided)
- Interact with and provide exceptional customer service to tour guests, ensuring a memorable, positive, and enjoyable experience
- Ensure tour adheres to its defined schedule and that guests arrive and depart each location per tour instructions
- Take photos throughout the tour and process them according to company policy
- Attend all required company meetings
- Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures related to time tracking, vacation requests, tour reports, photo uploads, etc
Qualifications & Attributes
- 18 years of age or older with high school diploma or GED
- Knowledgeable or passionate about local restaurants, breweries, wineries, history
- Knowledgeable or passionate about Twin Cities events and happenings
- Succeeds both independently and as a team member
- Adaptable to changing situations and flexible schedules
- Ability to work with diverse populations / organizations with a high degree of professionalism
- Enjoys learning new things and sharing that knowledge with others
- Outgoing, friendly, fun-loving personality, and a desire to converse with new people
- Exhibits exceptional customer service, communication, and presentation skills
- Possesses excellent time management and organizational skills with a focus on attention to details
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills; thinking on your feet is a must
- Required ability to walk and stand for up to 5 hours
- Required to climb steps / stairs
- Required to work in any kind of weather
- Occasionally may lift or carry up to 50 pounds of tour necessities (water, snacks)
- Physical demands that are of a typical tour guide
Hours & Compensation
- $15 / hour + gratuities: private tours – included | public tours – at guest’s discretion
- Flexible schedules available year-round (nights, weekends, weekdays) or summer-only positions available
- Tour shifts are typically 3-5 hours long (custom tours may vary); guides may choose to work consecutive tour shifts
Experience The Twin Cities has offered a variety of food, brewery, distillery, winery, and sightseeing tours in Minneapolis and St Paul since 2011. Our professional and trained Tour Guides are knowledgeable and passionate about creating an enjoyable and memorable experience for each guest. Throughout our public and private tours, we share our favorite places, supporting our fellow local businesses.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to apply!